October 9, 2023
We know today’s global environment is not easy to navigate and feels so heavy. Know that you are absolutely not alone. On World Mental Health Day, the Shop Good team decided to round up some resources for mental health support, advocacy and organizations, focused in our hometown of San Diego, CA. Remember, if you or someone you know is struggling with mental health, seeking help from a professional, friend or family member is a brave and powerful step in your healing.
- Community Resource Centers:
- Mental Health America of San Diego County: A trusted organization providing comprehensive mental health information, support, and advocacy for those in need.
- NAMI San Diego: The National Alliance on Mental Illness offers various support programs and resources for individuals and families affected by mental health conditions.
- San Diego Youth Services: They provide services that address mental health needs throughout a youth’s life, including prevention and early intervention for kids and families, outpatient mental health services, trauma informed care and case management for youth ages 12-25 who are experiencing homelessness or running away from home.
- Counseling and Therapy:
- Cultivate San Diego: They provide each person with an inviting and enriching, therapeutic environment, enabling healing both individually and in relationships.
- Thriveworks Counseling: Offering a wide range of counseling services in person or online, and works to cover the majority of costs with your insurance.
- A Deep Space: the world’s first hypnosis and breathwork studio founded in 2022 by Lindsey Harris, an NGH Certified Consulting Hypnotist, NGH Certified Instructor of Hypnosis and Breathwork Facilitator.“Everything we do at A Deep Space™ is intended to empower you to feel better and live happier through nervous system regulation and subconscious reprogramming”.
- Crisis Helplines:
- Support Groups:
- Mental Health Support Groups in San Diego: Find local support groups that focus on specific mental health conditions or general well-being on Psychology Today’s directory.
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA) San Diego: Offers support groups for individuals living with depression and bipolar disorder.
- Mindfulness and Wellness:
- The Center for Mindfulness: Explore mindfulness-based programs and resources at UC San Diego’s Center for Mindfulness.
- Fitness and Mental Health:
- Online Resources:
Finally, our Shop Good team is here to support you in your self-care rituals at home. Stop by the shop and speak with a Product Expert or Holistic Esthetician about finding self care tools and wellness best practices that will work for you.