This divinely tart and sweet syrup combines nutrient dense, iron-building herbs with restorative adaptogens. Designed to support the body in maintaining a state of health and vitality after pregnancy.
– Nettle, Alfalfa and Oat Straw: These nutritive plants provide several key vitamins and minerals, such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, zinc, iron and b-vitamins, in a highly bioavailable form.
– Raspberry leaf: In addition to its high calcium, magnesium, and iron content, the astringent properties of raspberry leaf help restore tone to the uterine and pelvic muscles and may help curb excessive bleeding.
– Dandelion (leaf and root): Supportive to the liver in processing excess postpartum hormones, helps relieve postpartum swelling, assist proper digestion, and aids in healthy elimination with it’s gentle laxative effect. Also rich in vitamin K, iron, potassium, and zinc.
– Ashwagandha: Traditional postpartum practices around the world emphasize the need for warmth during the first 40 days after childbirth. Ashwagandha root is a warming adaptogen used in the Ayurvedic system to support endocrine function, regulate circadian rhythms, and encourage healthy stress response. Known as the “queen of herbs” for its ability to restore and rejuvenate the whole body.
– Ginger, Goji & Jujube: Commonly found in traditional Chinese postpartum meals and teas. Together they are warming and anti-inflammatory, improve circulation, nourish the blood, and increase energy levels.
– Yellow dock root: Supports the body in assimilating the iron-rich herbs in our syrup, as well as iron containing foods in the diet. Healthy iron levels are critical for postpartum recovery and for sustaining normal energy levels.
– Schisandra berry: These adaptogenic berries lend a tangy kick to the syrup, as well as support adrenal and immune system functions, counteract stress and increase mental clarity.
– Rosehips: High in Vitamin C, which boosts the immune system, promotes wound healing, and enhances iron absorption in the body.