Shop Good is Hiring!
Scroll down for job details + directions to apply!
Shop Good Product Expert /
Our Shop Good Product Expert is a self-starter at heart and a customer service savant with a pre-existing passion for, or formal education in, natural ingredients, skin, holistic wellness or clean living. We are looking for that special someone who is excited to inspire, educate and introduce the best in clean products, utilizing their passion for skincare, makeup and wellness in a sales-driven, fast-paced retail setting.
The person we hire is organized, detail oriented, reliable, a clear communicator with a strong affinity for customer service and serving as an advocate for our clientele throughout their skin and wellness journey.
As a Shop Good Product Expert, you will be leading each customer through a specialized and individualized in-store experience. Utilizing your knowledge of our highly curated assortment of products, you are expected to make optimal product recommendations specific to our customers’ bio-individuality and wellness goals. You do not need to know our exact brands and their ingredients before you start, but you need to be eager and passionate about learning and excited about researching, studying and deeply getting to know our products and brands.
Ultimately, we are looking for someone who makes multi-tasking look easy, who is eager to be a part of a team of passionate individuals and who is enthusiastic about growing with our brand. If this is you, we can’t wait to meet you!
Classification and Compensation:
We currently have openings at both locations, ranging from 15-30 hours per week, and requires weekend availability. This position will be hired as an employee of Shop Good and will be compensated hourly at a discretionary range of $17-$20 per hour, depending upon years of applicable previous experience, previous formal training, education or certifications in the areas of skincare, wellness, holistic health, beauty, retail sales and customer service.
Benefits Include: Flexible vacation time as approved by Management, generous employee discount, eligibility to participate in our 401k program, free samples from Shop Good brands as gifted by Founder, annual pay increase contingent upon personal and brand performance. Full time positions are eligible for subsidized health care benefits.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Effectively and enthusiastically educate customers about clean beauty, plant botanicals and their benefits for total body health
- Support customers in making purchasing decisions based on their bio-individual needs, bodies and skin types
- Provide incredible customer service to each and every Shop Good client
- Possess a drive to meet and exceed daily, weekly and monthly sales goals
- Clean and maintain impeccable store cleanliness at each opening and closing shift
- End of shift complete clean and sanitization of shop and product samples
- Answer phone and check business email during sales floor hours
- Check out clients for spa services and product purchases
- Must have customer service experience and/or experience in the health, wellness or beauty space
- Experience with or a strong passion for beauty and skincare
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a passion for social interaction
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, interruption-prone environment
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Team player and thrives in a team environment
- Resourceful problem-solver and strong ability to resolve or smooth issues in the moment
- Available to work at least one weekend day in support of peak business hours
To apply: Please email your resume and an introductory cover letter telling us how you will be an asset to the Shop Good team and send to email@example.com. Please write “March 2023 Product Expert Applicant” in the subject line of your email. In your cover letter, please briefly tell us your favorite Shop Good product and why! Email applications without correct attachments (listed above) will not be reviewed.
We thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with Shop Good.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Shop Good is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Application deadline is Monday, 3/6.