Role: Holistic Esthetician at Shop Good
Shop Good is a clean beauty and wellness and beauty company out to simplify how the modern woman lives well. We are passionate about holistic wellness; from what we put in our bodies to what we put ON it, and believe that natural ingredients have the power to both heal and beautify from the inside-out and outside-in. We’re out to make healthy living effortless, accessible and downright FUN. We do this via our uniquely filtered assortment of beauty, skincare and wellness products, our in-shop organic spa and our educational and community-driven workshops and events.
Originally an online-only store, Shop Good opened their first location in the North Park neighborhood of San Diego in October of 2017 and will be opening our second location in Del Mar Heights in April of 2019. Our personalized in-shop experience offers each and every customer a bio-individualized approach to skin and wellness, all with a mission to inspire clean living across the San Diego community and beyond!
Shop Good is excited to expand our team of passionate wellness and beauty experts in preparation for the opening of our Del Mar store. The role of our Shop Good Estheticians play an integral part in continuing to build the brand’s credibility in skincare and holistic health, and provide our Shop Good clients results-oriented skincare aligned with the brand’s ethos and mission.
The Shop Good Esthetician is a skilled skincare enthusiast and self-starter at heart, with a deep passion for organics and healthy living. We are looking for that special someone who is excited to learn our effective facial and skin care processes rooted in holistic health and the incredible ability for plants to heal the skin and ultimately, the body.
This person is incredibly organized, details obsessed, a clear communicator and a problem-solver. This person is driven by working in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment. This person is skilled at thinking outside the box, enjoys working in a start-up type of environment and is resourceful, creative and expert at communicating. This person is a customer-service lover; ensuring every client feels pampered, happy, comfortable and treated to the Shop Good standards, exceeding customer expectations in our modern and upbeat environment.
Above and beyond, we are looking for someone who wants to help grow Shop Good. Unlike many spas, Shop Good will undoubtedly offer many growth opportunities including marketing, entrepreneurial skills, content creation and an education specific to various natural skincare and beauty ingredients. Because of this, a quality candidate must be a self-defined doer, entrepreneur at heart and a natural at multi-project management.
As our Esthetician, you do not need to know our exact systems before you start, but you need to be a forest + trees thinker, able to jump in and develop solutions where needed. People who are not self-starters, not flexible, not open to feedback, nor great communicators need not apply. In your cover letter, please tell us your favorite food and why! You are meant for this role if you are excited about a fast-paced, multi-layered job, a detail-obsessed and organized problem-solver with an passion and appreciation for natural beauty, skin and holistic health.
Ultimately, we are looking for someone who makes multi-tasking look easy, who is eager to support our founder and customers, who is passionate about natural products and holistic health and who is wholeheartedly enthusiastic about growing with our brand. If this is you, we can’t wait to meet you!
Special Education and Training
Shop Good is honored to work alongside renowned San Francisco-based esthetician and founder of Botnia Skincare and Skin Remedy, Justine Kahn. With Justine’s training, you will receive an apprenticeship on how to specifically cater treatments to the needs of your clients using Botnia’s exclusive in-house ingredients. This is an amazing approach to skincare that will give you the foundation to give your individual clients their desired results.
This role offers a minimum of 25-30 hours a week with room to grow.
Please note, this job opportunity is not specific to our North Park or Del Mar locations. Placement will be assigned upon evaluating final candidates.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
In the Treatment Room:
- Complete a minimum of 25-30 hours in-shop per week, inclusive of treatments and administrative time.
- Provide the highest quality facial and waxing services in the Shop Good treatment room utilizing Botnia product line
- Clean and refresh room after every client
- Carry the Shop Good brand filter and aesthetic into the treatment room and within all customer interaction
- Keep treatment room and back bar completely clean and sanitized, in accordance with applicable jurisdictional regulations after each treatment and at the close of each shift
- Make key product recommendations to each client based on their bio-individual skin type, health concerns and needs across our assortment of brands
- Check out clients with services and product purchases
- Confidently and skillfully educate clients about clean skincare, beauty and holistic healing
- Check in with founder weekly to provide feedback and align on brand strategy
- Manage laundry service as needed in compliance with shop health and safety standards
- Build a loyal clientele base fostered by managing client relationships, follow up’s and providing successful results-oriented treatments.
- Participate in brand building events, pop-ups and educational workshops when requested.
As a Brand Ambassador:
- Help customers make purchasing decisions based on their bio-individual needs, bodies and skin types
- Become an expert on the Shop Good brand and its in-house wholesale brands and attend all brand trainings
- Carry the brand filter and aesthetic within each and every customer-facing interaction (including treatment room, in-store, social media and beyond)
- Build clientele of raving fans for the business and its services
- Support promotion and growth of brand within Shop Good filter during in store hours via social media as approved by Founder.
- 2+ years working as an esthetician
- 2+ years of brow experience
- Comfortable working in a small business environment
- Self-driven and takes initiative to manage own time and schedule during workdays
- A love for and experience with organic skin care
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, interruption-prone environment
- Pays strong attention to detail and have excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer-service oriented
- Great at selling customers what they need
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player
- Seeks out feedback and is excited about self-growth and improvement within the context of the job
- Resourceful problem-solver and strong ability to resolve or smooth issues in the moment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of a newly established business
- Professional sales experience in retail, or otherwise
- A love for or experience in holistic health and wellness
- Experience providing professional services with organic skin care products
- Advanced esthetics education
- Has taken formal classes in herbalism, nutrition or wellness
- Experience in a commission-based sales role
- Deep experience using our brands (or similar clean beauty brands) across makeup, skincare and wellness
- Experience in the beauty or natural beauty industry
- Experience curating a personal or professional Instagram handle
Classification, Compensation and Perks:
- This position will be hired on as an employee of Shop Good.
- The compensation for this position is hourly plus commission on services and product sales.
- Benefits Include: Flexible vacation time as approved by Founder, generous employee discount, free samples from Shop Good brands as gifted by Founder, annual salary increase contingent upon personal and brand performance.
- General supervision provided by Store Manager and Founder
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Standing, kneeling
- Climbing stairs
- Climbing stairs while carrying up to 40 lbs.
- Walking, moving quickly
- Typing, writing, reading
- Seeing, hearing and speaking, both nearby and at a distance
How to Apply:
To apply, please email your resume and an introductory cover letter telling us how you will be an asset to the Shop Good team to email@example.com. Please write “Applicant: Shop Good Esthetician” in the subject line of your email. Email applications without correct attachments (listed above) will not be reviewed. **ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY FEBRUARY 6TH.
We thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with Shop Good. Due to high volume, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Shop Good is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.