July 31, 2020
When we say the word “skincare”, we immediately think of the topical: the serums, moisturizers, masks + more! But, if you know us well, you know we believe that treating the skin is a holistic effort; one that encompasses our internal state, too. Here’s our quick quide to great skin, from within!
The supplements to support your skin:
1. Omega-3: Add this essential fatty acid into your daily routine to keep your skin hydrated, reduce UV damage + inflammation. For those acneic skin types, a daily dose of omega-3’s can regulate hormones like testosterone, which trigger the overproduction of sebum. Want all the benefits, sans the animal source? Try our vegan-alternative made from pure algae and cold-pressed flaxseed oil.
Try: Simris Algae Omega-3
2. Tocotrienols: A rich source of vitamin E, tocos is a rice-bran soluble, meaning it has the ability to heal and replenish damaged skin from oxidative stress + boost collagen production. Mix this power into coffee or tea for a creamer-like texture. We’re obsessed with its creamy flavor.. and the way our skin appears to plump when consuming regularly!
Try: Sun Potion Tocos
3. Pearl: Optimal for longevity, this super-powder is rich in calcium, zinc, iron, selenium + amino acids. Benefits include improved collagen production, increased antioxidants, decreased inflammation and a brighter + more luminous complexion – hello glow!
4. Vitamins C, D & E: Essential for cellular function + vitality, the combination of these vitamins provides a powerful boost of antioxidants, supports against free radical damage + boosts collagen synthesis. Winning!
5. Probiotics: The connection between our gut and skin (aka the gut-skin axis) is major. Did you know acne, inflammation + irritation are most often caused by an imbalance in the gut? Keep your skin clear, from the inside out, with a pre + probiotic supplement to reduce bad bacteria + help good bacteria flourish.
6. Collagen: You’ve likely heard this one before. As we age, our own collagen halts production, which can lead to dryness and those fine lines + wrinkles appearing.
Increase your skin’s strength by adding a scoop to your daily smoothie or morning bevy. Yes, we have vegan and non-vegan options.
Have additional supplement Q’s? Book a Virtual or In-Person Consult with Lauren!