Role: PART-TIME PRODUCT EXPERT at Shop Good
Shop Good is a clean beauty and wellness and beauty company out to simplify how the modern woman lives well. We are passionate about holistic wellness; from what we put in our bodies to what we put ON it, and believe that natural ingredients have the power to both heal and beautify from the inside-out and outside-in. We’re out to make healthy living effortless, accessible and downright FUN. We do this via our uniquely filtered assortment of beauty, skincare and wellness products, our in-shop organic spa and our educational and community-driven workshops and events.
Originally an online-only store, Shop Good opened their first location in the North Park neighborhood of San Diego in October of 2017 and their second location in April of 2019 in Del Mar Heights neighborhood of San Diego. Our personalized in-shop experience and organic spa offers each and every customer a bio-individualized approach to skin and wellness, all with a mission to inspire clean living across the San Diego community and beyond!
Our Shop Good Product Expert is a self-starter at heart, with a pre-existing passion and education around natural ingredients, skin, holistic wellness and healthy living. We are looking for that special someone who is excited to inspire, educate and introduce the best in clean products utilizing their deep knowledge in skincare, natural makeup and wellness products in a retail sales setting.
The person we hire is organized, clean product + holistic health-obsessed, creative, a social media expert, a clear communicator and a customer-service lover, ensuring every customer feels attended to, happy, inspired by and treated to the Shop Good standards, all within our modern and upbeat environment.
Above and beyond, we are looking for someone who wants to help grow Shop Good. Unlike many retail sales roles, Shop Good undoubtedly offers many entrepreneurial growth opportunities beyond sales; including marketing, public relations, event planning, brand management, content creation and an extended education in natural skincare and wellness. Because of this, a quality candidate must be a self-defined doer, a leader, an entrepreneur at heart and a natural at multi-project management.
As our natural product specialist, you will be leading each customer through a unique and individualized in-store experience, catering their product recommendations specific to their bio-individual and personal needs, skin types, body types and health goals. You do not need to know our exact brands and their ingredients before you start, but you need to be passionate about learning and able to jump in with eagerness around researching, studying and deeply getting to know our products and brands.
People who are not self-starters, not flexible, not open to feedback, not strong communicators need not apply. In your cover letter, please briefly tell us your favorite song and why! You are meant for this role if you are excited about a fast-paced, start-up environment with a love and appreciation for natural beauty and holistic health.
Ultimately, we are looking for someone who makes multi-tasking look easy, who is eager to support our store manager, our founder, our Holistic Estheticians and our customers, who is passionate about natural products and holistic health and who is wholeheartedly enthusiastic about growing with our business. If this is you, we can’t wait to meet you!
This role is classified as part-time ranging from 20-25 hours per week.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as the expert on the Shop Good brand and it’s clean product brands including their natural ingredients and the benefits to the skin and body
- Effectively and enthusiastically educate customers about clean beauty, plant botanics and their benefits for total body health
- Support customers in making purchasing decisions based on their bio-individual needs, bodies and skin types
- Provide incredible customer service to each and every Shop Good client
- Carry the brand filter and aesthetic within each and every customer-facing interaction (including in-store, social media, email and beyond)
- Possess a drive to meet and exceed daily, weekly and monthly sales goals
- Clean and maintain impeccable store cleanliness at each opening and closing shift
- End of shift complete clean and sanitization of shop and product samples
- Answer phone and check business email during sales floor hours
- Check out clients for spa services and product purchases
- Create social media content during store hours — including instagram stories, as approved by store manager and founder
- Support packaging and shipping of online sales
- Restocking and replenishing inventory on to sales floor throughout day
- Build audience of raving Shop Good fans, e.g. through referrals and social media
- Support leadership team in creating email and promotional content
- Support leadership team in putting on educational workshops and events
- Support in-shop Holistic Estheticians in treatment bookings, appointment maintenance and refer customers into our treatment room
- Check in with store manager and founder regularly to receive and provide feedback
- 1-2+ years working in retail sales environment
- Formal education (or strong self-study foundation) in skin and/or wellness in the form of Health Coach, Nutritionist, Licensed Esthetician or Skin Expert.
- Experience with or a strong passion for clean beauty brands and products
- Experience in content creation (via personal or business instagram)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a passion for social interaction
- Confident, upbeat and thrives off of communicating and helping other
- Comfortable and excited to be working in a small/start-up business
- Self-driven and takes initiative to manage own time and schedule during workdays
- A love of clean products, holistic health and a desire to learn more about it
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, interruption-prone environment
- Pays strong attention to detail and have excellent organizational skills
- Can provide excellent customer-service and strong communication skills
- Team player and thrives in a team environment
- Seeks out feedback and is excited about self-growth and improvement within the context of the job
- Resourceful problem-solver and strong ability to resolve or smooth issues in the moment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of a newly established business
- Experience in spa, salon or beauty sales
- Direct experience in the natural beauty sector
- Can demonstrate a strongly curated instagram feed with a clear point of view
Classification & Compensation
- This position will be hired on as an employee of Shop Good and will be compensated hourly.
- Benefits Include: Flexible vacation time as approved by Management, generous employee discount, free samples from Shop Good brands as gifted by Founder, annual pay increase contingent upon personal and brand performance.
- General supervision provided by Store Manager and Founder.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Standing, kneeling
- Climbing stairs
- Climbing stairs while carrying up to 40 lbs.
- Walking, moving quickly
- Typing, writing, reading
- Seeing, hearing and speaking, both nearby and at a distance
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume and an introductory letter telling us how you will be an asset to the Shop Good team to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Applicant: Shop Good Product Expert” in the subject line of your email. Email applications without correct attachments (listed above) will not be reviewed.
We thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with Shop Good. Due to high volume, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Shop Good is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.