Role: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT at Shop Good
Shop Good is a clean beauty and wellness and beauty company out to simplify how the modern woman lives well. We are passionate about holistic wellness; from what we put in our bodies to what we put ON it, and believe that natural ingredients have the power to both heal and beautify from the inside-out and outside-in. We’re out to make healthy living effortless, accessible and downright FUN. We do this via our uniquely filtered assortment of beauty, skincare and wellness products, our in-shop organic spa and our educational and community-driven workshops and events.
Originally an online-only store, Shop Good opened their first location in the North Park neighborhood of San Diego in October of 2017 and their second location in April of 2019 in Del Mar Heights neighborhood of San Diego. Our personalized in-shop experience and organic spa offers each and every customer a bio-individualized approach to skin and wellness, all with a mission to inspire clean living across the San Diego community and beyond!
We are excited to be hiring for our first ever Executive Assistant at Shop Good. This integral part of the Shop Good team will perform a variety of administrative tasks and support our company’s Founder in the day-to-day management of business-development activities.
Our Executive Assistant’s responsibilities include email management, calendar coordination, deadline management, marketing coordination and more. To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized, have exceptional time management skills, communication skills, hold critical attention to detail and be able to act without guidance as a self-starter and a natural at multi-project management.
Ultimately, you will contribute to the efficiency of our business by providing personalized and timely support to our Founder, Leah. In your cover letter, please tell us your favorite self-care ritual and why!
In this role, you will learn the ins and outs of running a small business in the beauty and skincare industry. You are meant for this role if you are excited about learning how a fast-paced, start-up works behind the scenes and hold a love and appreciation for the growth and development of Shop Good!
If this is you, we can’t wait to meet you!
This role is paid hourly and is required to contribute between 15-20 hours per week, in person.
Please note, this job opportunity is not specific to our North Park or Del Mar locations. This role must be flexible in working shoulder-to-shoulder with our Founder and presence may be requested at our HQ offices in University Heights, as well as travel to our North Park and Del Mar Stores.
Roles and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assistant to Founder
- Email management
- Marketing coordination
- Calendar management and set up meetings
- Managing information flow in a timely and accurate manner and act as point of contact between Shop Good and it’s partners, employees, clients, vendors and other external relationships.
- Event coordination
- Project management and meeting deadlines (internal and external-facing projects)
- Completing daily or weekly errands as needed
- Google Drive experience and navigation
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Carry the brand filter and aesthetic within each and every customer-facing interaction (including in-store, social media, email and beyond)
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Comfortable and excited to be working in a small/start-up business
- Self-driven and takes initiative to manage own time and schedule during workdays
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, interruption-prone environment
- Pays strong attention to detail and have excellent organizational skills
- Seeks out feedback and is excited about self-growth and improvement within the context of the job
- Resourceful problem-solver and strong ability to resolve or smooth issues in the moment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer-service and strong communication skills
- Possess means of transportation in order to complete weekly needs of the business.
- You must have your own laptop and smartphone
- Work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role
- Work experience in an office or corporate setting
- Experience with or a strong passion for clean beauty brands and products
- Experience in content creation (via personal or business Instagram)
- Retail sales experience or an understanding of a retail business model
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of a newly established business
Classification, Compensation & Benefits
- This position will be hired on as a part time employee of Shop Good and will be compensated hourly.
- Benefits Include: flexible vacation time as approved by Founder, generous employee discount, free samples from Shop Good brands as gifted by Founder
- General supervision provided Founder.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Standing, kneeling
- Climbing stairs
- Walking, moving quickly
- Typing, writing, reading
- Seeing, hearing and speaking, both nearby and at a distance
How to Apply:
To apply, please email your resume and an introductory letter telling us why you’re a great fit for our Executive Assistant role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Applicant: Shop Good Executive Assistant” in the subject line of your email. Email applications without correct attachments (listed above) will not be reviewed.
**ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY JUNE 9TH.
We thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with Shop Good. Due to high volume, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Shop Good is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.